Breaking! Teacher Arrested Over Alleged Rape of 4 Pupils in Kano

IMG 190942 07526 1778177396583

A teacher at Al-Hadeed Private School, Kwanar Dorasa, Inusawa area of Ungogo Local Government Area of Kano State, has been arrested and remanded in custody over the alleged sexual assault of four pupils.

The suspect, identified as Kamal Abdulmuminu, popularly known as “Uncle Kamal,” was said to be a teacher and vice principal at the school.

The father of the victims, Lawal Ayuba Madaki, said the suspect allegedly betrayed the trust reposed in him by parents after repeatedly abusing the children entrusted to his care.

Madaki explained that the incident came to light after the children’s mother noticed unusual symptoms and informed him of her findings.

“I was seated outside my furniture workshop when my wife called and told me about the disturbing situation,” he said.

According to him, the children were immediately taken to a hospital where medical examination confirmed sexual abuse.

“We reported the matter at Dantamashe Police Station. The police later took the children to Murtala Muhammed Specialist Hospital for further examination, which also confirmed the abuse. We returned to the school and the suspect was arrested,” he added.

He disclosed that the victims are quadruplets — three girls and a boy — born in 2019, noting that another five-year-old daughter of the family also attends the same school.

Madaki said the children revealed that the suspect allegedly called them individually to his office after break periods, where the assaults reportedly took place on different occasions.

He further stated that the children initially complained of persistent stomach pains before their mother discovered discharge from one of the girls, prompting further questioning.

“One of the girls eventually confessed that their teacher was responsible. When the others were checked, it was discovered they had also been assaulted,” he said.

The distraught father appealed to the local, state and federal governments to ensure diligent prosecution of the case, while calling on traditional institutions and child protection organisations to monitor the trial.

“We will never forgive him till eternity,” he said.

The children’s uncle, Al’yasa Ayuba Madaki, who is handling the matter in court due to the father’s ill health, confirmed that the suspect had been arraigned before a magistrate’s court but pleaded not guilty to the charges.

“The case was adjourned till June 9. His lawyer applied for bail, but the magistrate declined, citing the gravity of the offence,” he said, adding that the alleged crime involves minors and should not attract bail.

He also alleged that the school management had been pleading with the family to withdraw the case.

“I made it clear to them that we are not withdrawing the case,” he stated.

Child rights activist, Aisha Haruna Kabuga, Kano State and Northern Coordinator of the National Council of Child Rights Advocates of Nigeria, described the incident as unfortunate and called for stronger child protection mechanisms in schools.

“The sexual abuse of four children from one family should not be treated lightly. Civil society organisations will monitor the proceedings to ensure justice is served,” she said.

Kabuga urged the Kano State Government to establish an effective Child Rights Act implementation committee, noting that the Ministry of Women Affairs alone could not handle rising cases of child abuse.

Counsel to the prosecution, Barrister Badamasi Gandu, advised parents whose children attend the school to examine them, warning that other pupils might have been affected.

“There is a likelihood that the suspect abused other children,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Chairman of Ungogo Local Government Area, Tijjani Amiru Bilyaminu, has ordered the immediate closure of Al-Hadeed Private School pending the outcome of investigations.

The council chairman said the action became necessary following the remand of the suspect by the court, stressing that the closure would allow proper investigation while ensuring justice for the victims.

He reiterated the council’s commitment to protecting children’s rights and ensuring that offenders face the full weight of the law.

The prosecution told the court that medical reports confirmed the minors were sexually assaulted before the suspect was arraigned.

The magistrate subsequently remanded the defendant in a custodial facility and adjourned the matter for continuation of hearing.

Kano Times

For more information about Alfijir Labarai call this number+2348032077835

About others Alfijir labarai/Alfijir news program follow here 👇

https://twitter.com/Musabestseller?s=09

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100089640289165

https://www.threads.net/@alfijirlabarai

https://www.youtube.com/@BestsellerChannel12

https://www.instagram.com/musa_bestseller?utm_source=qr&r=nametag

Alfijir labarai Alfijir News Whatsapp Group 👇👇

https://chat.whatsapp.com/H5oBRaZBdCVIyOTIV5eMfb?mode=ac_t

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *